To assess whether you might have developed an addiction or be at risk of doing so we invite you to complete the following questionnaire. (You can adapt each question to apply to a behaviour rather than a substance):
1. Are you taking the substance in larger amounts or for longer than you’re meant to?
2. Are you wanting to cut down or stop using the substance but are not managing to do so?
3. Are you spending a lot of time getting, using, or recovering from use of the substance?
4. Are you spending increasing amounts of money on this activity?
5. Do you experience cravings and urges to use the substance or more of the substance?
6. Are you not managing to do what you should at work, home, or school or in another area of life because of substance use?
7. Are you continuing to use, even when it causes problems in relationships?
7. Has your way of drinking/taking drugs caused any troubles at home?
8. Have you given up important social, occupational, or recreational activities because of substance use?
9. Do you use substances again and again, even when it puts you in danger?
10. Do you continue to use, even when you know you have a physical or psychological problem that could have been caused or made worse by the substance?
11. Do you need more of the substance to get the effect you want (tolerance)?
12. Do you experience withdrawal symptoms, which are relieved by taking more of the substance?
13. Are you spending more and more money on obtaining the substance?
If you answered YES to 4 or more questions we suggest you talk to someone as soon as possible. You are welcome to call us for a confidential conversation on: (+34) 91 392 82 51